News & Writing
Here you’ll find news about events at Holy Cross, our magazine, sermons and occasional newsletters. There’s also a calendar and links to our social media.
Keep in Touch with Holy Cross
We have an email list – those on it receive our magazine in electronic form and occasional updates and new items. To be added to the list, contact the Rector at email@example.com and send him a completed contact data form:
During the periods of lockdown in the coronavirus pandemic we started producing worship videos and posting them on our YouTube channel. They can be viewed here. We hope to continue to post the occasional video on our channel.
Our main social media presence is our Facebook page HolyCrossEdinburgh. This is where we post news, details of upcoming events and photos from past events. Check it out and please like our page.
The Amalarius Blog
Our Rector has a Blog entitled Amalarius in which he shares his thoughts on liturgy, history and religion. These are his own views and do not necessarily represent the position of Holy Cross or the Scottish Episcopal Church. Here are some posts:
- We have a fine, new, updated edition of the 1982 Scottish Liturgy but something is missing… Following a tradition that goes back to the early Church, it is common in Anglican worship to sing the dialogue and preface at the […]
- The following extract is from The Islesmen of Bride (1922), a semi-autobiographical novel about an unnamed island in the Hebrides by the remarkable Episcopalian, pioneer photographer, and traveller in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Mary Ethel Muir Donaldson (1876-1958). […]
- I have recently returned from a six-day road trip to Ukraine, delivering SUVs to the Ukrainian Army in a convoy with the excellent Scottish charity Jeeps for Peace (J4P). It feels like a month of experience crammed into a few […]
- Holy Cross Magazine, March 2024Read or download the latest issue of our monthly magazine. If you would like to join the Holy Cross email list, please send your address to the Rector: firstname.lastname@example.org Printed copies of the magazine are also available.
- A sermon for the Patronal Feast of St David’s, PiltonFr Stephen, our Rector, was invited to preach at the patronal feast of our neighbouring church of St David’s where our former associate priest, Br Joseph Emmanuel SSF, is the priest in charge and part of the new Franciscan community at the heart of Pilton. It is good to rebuild… Read more: A sermon for the Patronal Feast of St David’s, Pilton
- Holy Cross Magazine, February 2024Read or download the latest issue of our monthly magazine. If you would like to join the Holy Cross email list, please send your address to the Rector: email@example.com Printed copies of the magazine are also available.